Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blueberry Cream Cheese Puff Pastry


Obviously I'm on a bit of a puff pastry kick...well, actually anything with dough is good...
So here's what I did with the other sheet of puff pastry that I had kept in the freezer after I made the lamb puff pastry. Thawed the pastry for about 35 minutes, rolled it out, cut it into three pieces and then laid it on a lined baking sheet and baked it for 20 minutes at 400°. Then, I took 8 oz of softened cream cheese, mixed it with 1/4 cup sugar and spread that on two of the sections of puff pastry and topped that with a handful of blueberries on each. I then layered the puff pastry one atop the other, finishing with the untopped section, which I basted with egg wash and then sprinkled a little sugar on top. I then baked it for an additional 20 minutes at 400°.
Yummy!

No comments: